Difference between DV360 and CM360
Understanding the difference between the different Google Marketing Platforms has become more confusing with Google’s frequent rebranding. It all was done by Google systematically after acquiring DoubleClick as a company and then rebranding all the products step by step to bring them closer to Google’s naming syntax
If you aren’t aware, here are is the history of each product with their old names:
- DoubleClick for Advertisers (DFA) > DoubleClick Campaign Manager (DCM) > Campaign Manager 360(CM360)
- DoubleClick Bid Manager (DBM) > Display and Video 360 (DV360)
- DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) > Google Ad Manager
I have seen a lot of people confused about the DV360 and CM360 and can’t grasp entirely how these platforms work alone and together. One of the reasons being that the only way to open an account on these platforms is to reach out to Google sales team or any of the resellers
How do they differ?
- DV360 is a demand-side platform that automates the buying of ads programmatically
- It is a tool just like Google Ads and Facebook Ads where you can create a campaign (Display, Native, App Install, YouTube, etc.), Upload creatives, add targeting and basically buy media. Yes, It is a media buying tool. It is an advanced version of Google Ads (Except you can’t run Search Ads). If you want know more, watch my video on Differences between Google Ads and DV360
- On the other hand, CM360 is an Ad server. It is a marketing platform primarily used to host creatives and report on campaigns
- Think of it as a Web Server where you can host your creatives. When you run a campaign on DV360, you can upload the creatives directly there, like you do in Facebook or Google Ads or any other Ad Platform. However, you can also store the creatives on CM360 and generate tags and use those tags in CM360 as creatives.
- To understand more about the differences and how these platforms work together, watch the below video
Is it clear? Are you interested to explore more about these platforms and even more?
Well, I guess you are on the right page. I have created several courses and video on these platforms where you will know step by step about these platforms from beginner level to be an expert. I would recommend to watch these course free on YouTube or you can buy them on uDemy where you will get a certificate of completion and lifetime access to the updated versions
uDemy courses which might help you:
The below is a list of my uDemy courses which are Highest Rated and Best Sellers if you want to learn further and make a solid career within this space
Before you, I would recommend to watch my personal favourite video Programmatic Advertising explained to have a solid understanding of the Programmatic Advertising ecosystem and the evolution. This video will help you to get familiar with the fundamentals of Programmatic Advertising and Display Advertising
Happy learning folks!
One Reply to “Difference between DV360 and CM360”
Excuse, that I can not participate now in discussion – there is no free time. But I will be released – I will necessarily write that I think on this question.